I’ve managed to put a few more minutes into it and now the game has actual graphics.
You can check the progress at the “Playground and Samples” area of this blog here and then.
Today’s update is located here.
What’s new since last version.
- Decided to scrap the HUGE single map for smaller more manageable map. This lets me add a bit more quality per stage and makes it easier on portable devices.
- Did a full overhaul of the stage graphics.
- I’m integrating parallax into the background. I’ll be fine tuning that soon.
- Still undecided if the hero should be that small or make it a bit bigger.
- Finally added the ship to the background with some cool lighting effect.
- Decided to make use of the actual stage look/feel so I hid most of the floor and wall tiles.
- Added a “Castlevania like” camera. Still needs a little fine tuning.
- Now the screen zooms to the size needed for the device.
There’s a ton of work to be done and I’m doing it just for fun.
The game is being made using Construct 2
I hope you all like it. Soon I’ll get down and start doing the “scene” animations in-between parts of the stages but I’d like to get at least a few stages actually finished before that.