May 2014 – at present
Wapa.TV – Interactive Department. – Guaynabo Puerto Rico
May. 2012- May 2014
Solutions by Design – Bayamón Puerto Rico
Adding graphics, interaction and flair to their projects. Design interfaces, program, animate and generate new media educational products. Design websites and web content according to project needs. Generate aesthetics and color schemes depending on the client and type of project.
Graphic Designer (Distance Education Department)
Sep. 2009 at May 2012
National University College – Bayamón Puerto Rico
Illustrate, edit or design the images to be used by the Instructional Designers on their courses. Design other graphics related to courses to better illustrate concepts. Design promotions and maintain the Department’s website, work on the interface for Blackboard login page. Research, develop and implement new technologies related to the web interfaces and sites. Create and help maintain the facebook, YouTube and other social media WebPages. Migrate web page content to better more robust platforms as needed. Create animated content, edit video or audio, and generate interactive media and or tutorials as needed. Make sure that graphical content used is either free to use, generated on site, or it complies with copyright laws. Keep track of several projects and their independent deadlines. Some computer maintenance and data backup as needed.
Graphic Artist (Multimedia Designer in Distance Education)
Oct. 2006 – Sep 2009
Ana G. Méndez University System/ CETED/Channel 40
PO Box 21345, San Juan, PR, 00928-1345
The Creation of illustrations, Web Pages, banners and other interactive graphics to be used in the fields of Distance Education. To help in the creation process leading to the formation of Distance Education courses and pages including the images, the flash animations and the overall graphics related to them. Create and program Web Pages as required. To do some research in the technology fields related to Distance Education for the improvement and recommendations of programs that will aid in the production process. Some Computer maintenance and data backup.
Graphic Artist, Creative Illustrator and Designer
2002 – Jun. 2006 Publicaciones Yuquiyú
San Juan, Puerto Rico
To create the “look and feel” of educational books according to the Editor’s suggestions. To illustrate and Edit images to be used as part of the design of educational books. To Design said books, manage and backup all the graphic media. To correct and deal with any problems that may occur in the process of printing and oversee the process until the product is finished. Some Computer maintenance and data backup.
2003 – Aug. 2004
Solutions by Design
Toa Baja, Puerto Rico
To illustrate, edit, and or animate any graphic content required in the process of creating interactive media. To maintain a backup of all the said media. Video editing, Flash animation, illustration, sound editing, generate sketches, previews and web pages and interface design.
- HOPE (Humacao UPR, Distance Education Platform, Design and Administration(Moodle)) 2009 – 2010
- Puerto Rico Graphic Designers Association (Web Developer, Maintenance and Co-founder) 2008 – 2010
- Freelance works as Illustrator, Graphic Artist and Muralist 2000 – 2006
Several clients include: Publicaciones Yuquiyú, Baxter Corp., C.E.C.I. and others
- Computer Graphic Arts 1997 – 2006 Charis-Comp Bayamón, P.R. Duties: Graphic Artist and Illustrator, Computer repairs and maintenance and web design.
|Animation and Editing
- Freefall Bird game on google play.(Creative development, research, design and implementation.)
- Special Projects Blog, January 2007 to Present, This is a record of my work in several institutions. I update it as I can with images and descriptions.
- Edugolem, October 2011 to Present, This is a personal project to generate online courses most of which will focus on art and design. [update September 2012] A pilot program of one of the classes I offer has been started at a local church in which their multimedia team has been taking a resumed-hybrid version of my Photoshop course.
- Illustration for Internet community (lemmingjuice.net), “War effort”, 2006
- Computer Animation/Video montage “Ork Battle”, 2005
- Fuente de Agua Viva Church, “Jesus – Let the Children Come to Me”, 2002
- A 3d graphics work for Computer Design Class was published in the Form Z Annual Magazine 2001
- Fuente de Agua Viva Church, “The Twelve Tribes of Israel”, 12/1997
- Central Visual Art School, Graduation Background, 6/96 and helper in the preceding graduation background.
- Central Visual Arts School, Annual Exposition, 1990-96.
- Fuente de Agua Viva Church, Computer Animation “El Pastor”, 1994.
- Worked on the design for this book written by Orlando Pelaez. Some of my illustrations and photos also appear in the book.
- Worked on the design for this book written by Orlando Peláez. Some of my illustrations and photos also appear in the book. Una tribu llamada Góticos (2009) ISBN 978-09842430-0-6
- Short Story: Ugoryoan (2011), Author: Juan C. Pena, This is a short story in spanish based lightly on Taino history and mithology.
- Article: Google and the final frontier (2011), Google has been helping users cast out the limitations of computers and porting most of the data and programs to the “cloud”.
- Article: There is no impossible just highly improbable or better yet… Dude! Wheres my flying car? (2011), A long time ago I herd a speech that stated that there’s nothing impossible just highly improbable. I pondered the meaning of those words in my own field (Art – Education – Computers) One day I found myself watching a cartoon episode of the Jetsons and had the speech still lingering in my head. Shortly after while driving on a ridiculous traffic jam I said to myself… Dude!!! Where’s my flying car!!!
- Facebook page design and maintenance for the following
- Political campaign social projects
Honors & Awards:
Honor in English, Arts, Special Award in Illustration, Fidelity Award.